- Classes will be held in the Spring, at several of the Adams County Sheriff’s Office facilities. Students will be advised in advance of location changes.
- Unless otherwise noted, all classes will be on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. and will last until 9:00 p.m.
- Participants are asked to give a serious commitment to the full 10-week course. We are asking anyone with potential conflicts to consider attending a future Academy class.
- Students that miss three classes will not be allowed to graduate and will be asked to apply for a future Citizens Academy if they wish to complete the program.
- We encourage you to enter into any and all discussions enthusiastically.
- Several of the topics discussed during the Academy will elicit emotional responses and opinions. Participants are reminded to respect the view and position of others. While you might not agree with all statements we ask that you allow open discussion.
- Guidelines for classroom standards and discussions will be established and presented to participants on the first day of class.
- Participants are requested to dress appropriately for the classes with comfortable and casual attire. You will be notified in advance of any classes that may require alternative clothing.
Equipment and Materials
- All equipment and materials for the Academy will be provided by the Adams County Sheriff’s Office.
Food and Beverages
- Several participants come to class directly from work and don’t have an opportunity to eat prior to class. Our Citizen Academy Alumni will do their best to provide snacks and drinks for each class.